Chevrolet U.S. Sales Chief Alan Batey To Head Brand’s Global Operations
Chevrolet U.S. Sales Chief Alan Batey To Head Brand’s Global Operations

To oversee Chevrolet’s operations worldwide, General Motors has created the new role of global chief for the brand and appointed one of its top U.S. executives, Alan Batey, to serve in the role. Batey is currently the U.S. sales, service and marketing chief for Chevrolet, Buick and GMC, where...Read More»

Alan Mulally and Bill Ford Jr.
Bill Ford Jr. Finally Gets Paid After Five Years

When Ford Executive Chairman Bill Ford Jr. said he would work for free until the company was profitable, he really meant it. In fact, since 2005 he has foregone his salary and bonus payments, which are estimated to be worth somewhere in excess of $25-$33 million. However, following Ford’s...Read More»

Jill Lajdziak
Former Saturn Chief Gets Top Job At Smart

On January 1, 2010, Saturn's former general manager, Jill Lajdziak, joined smart's American team as vice president of marketing and sales. Three days later, she was named the company's president. Clearly, she makes a strong impression. Smart, like Saturn, has been an under-performer in the U.S...Read More»

Tim Cook
Rumor: GM Eyeing Apple Exec For Its New CEO?

On Christmas Eve, we reported that General Motors had just hired Microsoft CFO Chris Liddell to be its new chief financial officer, and that he was rumored to be in the running for the CEO desk. Now, some new and intriguing chatter says that GM may in fact be looking to one of Microsoft's biggest...Read More»

Chris Liddell
GM Hires New CFO From Microsoft, Could Become New CEO

Earlier this week, Nelson Ireson reported on General Motors' hiring of Chris Liddell as the company's new chief financial officer. (Liddell replaces former CFO Ray Young, who's been made GM's vice president of international operations.) Today comes word of Liddell's starting salary, which will ring...Read More»

Kenneth Feinberg
Feds May Lift The $500k Salary Cap For Top-Tier Talent

Back in February, the federal government set a limit of $500,000 on executive salaries at any company that received bailout dollars. Of that total, only 45% could be in cash, with the remaining 55% made up of cash incentives, paid over two years. Now, Kenneth Feinberg, the U.S. paymaster for...Read More»

Edward E. 'Ed' Whitacre, Jr.
Executive Shakeup: Heads Of Buick, Chevy, GMC Are Out

Apparently, Fritz Henderson's dismissal was just the first item on GM Chairman Ed Whitacre's to-do list. Brent Dewar, the head of GM's Chevrolet brand, has also been kicked to the curb: he'll retire on April 1, 2010 and will be replaced by Jim Campbell, who led GM's fleet and commercial sales. But...Read More»

The Car Connection Daily Headlines
I agree to receive emails from The Car Connection. I understand that I can unsubscribe at any time. Privacy Policy.
Thank you! Please check your email for confirmation.