Buick's big news this year is indeed big: its full-size Enclave crossover has been redesigned. While not inexpensive, the new Enclave is loaded with tech like a 9-speed automatic transmission and a wide array of convenience features, which helps justify a price tag that can approach $60,000.
That hefty dollar amount buys you an Enclave Avenir, which introduces a new, range-topping ultra-luxe trim level that Buick is also extending to its LaCrosse full-size sedan.
Buick again looks to Europe for its mid-size sedan lineup for an all-new Regal that's distinctly Teutonic. Available as either the Sportback with an Audi A7-like hatchback design or the Subaru Outback-inspired TourX wagon with a lift kit, the Regal marks a major departure from Buick norm. Both go on sale in early 2018 and could shake up the brand's image (although we've said that before about other cars).
Elsewhere, the Buick LaCrosse full-size sedan adds a new hybrid-electric powertrain that promises improved fuel economy. And the slow-selling Verano compact has been dropped from the lineup.
2018 Buick Regal GSEnlarge Photo
Here's a more comprehensive look at what you'll find in a Buick showroom this year:
- Minor paint color changes.
- All-new three-row crossover.
- Standard 310-horsepower V-6 and 9-speed automatic transmission.
- Optional all-wheel drive.
- Four trim levels: base, Essence, Premium, and Avenir.
- Premium trim level adds air ionizer.
- New capless fuel-filler system.
- 2.5-liter electric-hybrid powertrain now standard (V-6 remains optional).
- All-wheel drive available on wider array of trim levels.
- 9-speed automatic replaces last year's 8-speed with V-6.
- LaCrosse Avenir trim level now tops lineup with exclusive styling touches inside and out.
- All-new Regal available as either five-door Sportback hatchback or crossover-like TourX.
- No traditional sedan body style—a big departure for what was once the most conservative car brand.
- Both feature a 250-hp 2.0-liter turbo-4, 8-speed automatic as standard.
- High-performance Regal GS uses 310-hp V-6, 9-speed automatic
- Standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- On sale early 2018.