Saab, the company which has had more life lines than Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, just hit the 100,000 Facebook fan mark. Now, this is a major milestone for the small Swedish automaker with a tiny marketing budget.
The story behind the Saab Facebook fan page is as odd as the automaker itself. A fan named Kroum Vassilev actually started the page on his own accord merely as a passion-driven initiative. The page grew organically to 13,000 strong, and in October 2009 the Kroum contacted Saab and offered to transfer the page ownership to them.
While all this is very interesting, the fast Facebook fan facts that Saab released are even more interesting:
- Top five locations for Saab Facebook fans: Sweden, United States, Italy, United Kingdom, and Finland.
- Typical fan is a male between 25 and 34 years old.
- Saab has identified 76 percent of its fans to be male and 21 percent to be female while three percent is unaccounted for.
- The page received the most likes (7,384) on February 23, 2011.
- Each day approximately 80 new fans like the page.
The above facts give us some insight into the type of fans Saab has, where they are located, and how often new fans join. Saab is quick to note that its oldest fan is just as important to it as its newest fan.
To celebrate the new milestone, Saab has created a few mosaic images created from images submitted by fans. The images include both vintage and new Saabs.
We congratulate Saab and look forward to it hitting the one million Facebook fan mark in the future.