2011 Audi A5 2.0T Quattro
If you’ve ever described yourself as a car lover, you might find the results of a U.K. study quite amusing.
Confused.com, one of the U.K.’s biggest price comparison services, surveyed 2,000 drivers and discovered nearly half (47.5 percent) of males said they’d had sex in their cars. Among women drivers surveyed, almost 30 percent admitted doing the same.
Talk about getting “frisky.” Wonder how the same survey would turn out here in the U.S.?
But that’s not all the Confused.com survey learned. And here are some stats we can probably all relate to.
- Snacks, anyone? By far the most popular pastime in the car is eating something, with 73 percent of men and 76 percent of women admitting to doing just that.
- Arguments in a car are much more likely. Nearly 63 percent of women and almost 60 percent of men said they’d fought with loved ones in the vehicle.
- Napping popular. Some 42 percent of men and 29 percent of women revealed they nap in the car.
- Flirting with another driver. Gotta attract the opposite sex somehow, right? The survey found 24 percent of men and 18 percent of women admit to flirting with another driver.
- Dumping and getting dumped. While doing so may pose some risks, dumping a boyfriend/girlfriend in the car proved to be popular with 10 percent of the men and 8 percent of the women. Getting dumped, on the other hand, happened to 6 percent of the men and 5 percent of the women.
One more study revelation that we’d clearly find quite different in the U.S. is which vehicles survey respondents said had the sexiest drivers. Men said Audi drivers were the sexiest drivers at 21 percent. Women not only agreed but said male Audi drivers were sexiest at 31 percent. Second-choice for sexiest drivers was male BMW drivers for women (25 percent), and female MINI Cooper drivers for men (14 percent).
FamilyCarGuide won’t ask you about getting frisky in the car, but if you’d care to weigh in on the other most popular pastimes in the vehicle here in the U.S. (keeping it clean, of course), let us know in the comments section below. Also, what’s your favorite vehicle for sexiest drivers?
[Confused.com via PR Newswire]