2010 Kia Soul
We're plowing through the list of 255-plus vehicles on sale in the 2011 model year here at High Gear Media--and as we cull our latest drives into full reviews, we're watching what you're reading.
Each month we scan Google Analytics to see which reviews are most popular. Some of the time, those reviews cover brand-new vehicles, those hardly or not even on sale yet. You're just that eager for new-car news, we guess.
More often--as was the case in November--the majority of the most-read reviews on TheCarConnection included cars, trucks, crossovers and minivans that have been on sale for a few months, even since the 2010 model year.
Once again, November was a strong month for the brands that surveys have shown are the most-shopped in today's car market: Ford, Hyundai and Kia. It's also been a fine four weeks for minivans, with three making the list--bespeaking some new practicality, maybe?
For the month of November, these are the most popular new-vehicle reviews at High Gear Media:
1) 2010 Kia Soul: The Soul outsmarts fun urban wagons like the and Nissan Cube with uniquely kicky styling, more room, and an easygoing attitude.
2) 2010 Kia Forte: A strong contender in every way—a surprisingly good-looking, enjoyable-to-drive car that will hold the budget down.
3) 2011 Hyundai Sonata - Hybrid - 2.0T turbo: One of the most highly-ranked family sedans is a huge win at its sub-$20,000 price point--and Hybrid and Turbo models are coming soon.
4) 2011 Kia Sportage: With a little more SUV baked into its shape than its cousin Tucson has, the Sportage feels a bit more authentic--if you'll pardon the marketing-speak.
5) 2011 Kia Optima: The under-the-skin twin to the Hyundai Sonata, the Optima has a style all its own, and an interior that beats entry-lux efforts like the Volvo S60.
6) 2010 Honda Fit: The pert little hatchback gets some meaningful updates for 2011, but the 2010 Fit still grabs our readers' attention.
7) 2010 Ford Transit Connect: Ford's imported sort-of minivan must have some deeply connected friends in the bowels of Google.
8) 2011 Toyota Sienna: With more room and adult-duty second-row seats, the Sienna leaves ultimate flexibility and entertainment to the competition.
9) 2011 Honda Odyssey: The class-leading minivan for driving feel and interior quality hits its target again, though it still lacks the ultimate flexibility of the Chrysler minivans.
10) 2011 Ford F-150: The latest edition of the best-selling vehicle on the planet gets even better with four fuel-conscious new powertrains. Well, three, plus one that's pure evil to greens.
For the 2011 model year, High Gear Media is bringing you full reviews of nearly every new car on the market, reviews that give you our take on styling, performance, comfort, safety and features, with a numeric score. This year we're bringing them to you in a new, easy-to-read format with more of the information you need to make an informed decision. If you'd like to see more, different or better reviews on our flagship site, TheCarConnection.com, let us know at feedback [at] highgearmedia (dot) com, via Twitter @highgearmedia, or on our Facebook fan page.