Travis Pastrana and his Waltrip Racing NASCAR race car
Social Car News has partnered with real-time online buzz tracker OneRiot to bring you a weekly report on what's trending in the automotive social media world. Each week we monitor discussions across all platforms including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Digg, MySpace and blogs to bring you the trending topics in automotive.
This week's trending topics:
- Subaru announced this week that rally car driver Travis Pastrana would be ending the partnership that has lasted since 2004. During the partnership Pastrana had more than 150 stage wins and made it to the podium 40 times. Pastrana announced the next day that he would be joining NASCAR with Waltrip. Major sources include: CBS Sports
- GE is planning on ordering 15,000 electric vehicles for its fleet by 2015. The first order will be for 12,000 Chevrolet Volts. Major sources include: TechCrunch
- Tesla posted a loss of $34.9 million as they reportedly sold fewer cars then the previous year. Spending for research and development was also higher than the previous year as it prepares for the Model S sedan. Major sources include: ABC News via Associate Press
- Jeep is recalling 16,000 Liberty SUVs due to a faulty windshield wiper system. Major sources include: Yahoo! News
- Nissan is recalling 604,500 vehicles due to faulty steering columns and battery cables. The battery cable issue affects 303,000 Frontier pickup trucks and 283,000 Xterra SUVs. The steering column issue affects 18,500 Sentra sedans. Major sources include: CNN Money
Well, there you have it: this week's trending automotive social media topics.
Social Car News and OneRiot
OneRiot is an advertising network for the realtime social web. The company’s proprietary Trending Topic engine supports the realtime processing of millions of conversations happening across social services like Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Digg and other social networks. OneRiot analyzes this streaming data to surface the most buzzed about topics on the social web in realtime to deliver the content people care about right now.