Screencap from Suzuki's AllPoints contest
Clearly, the auto industry thinks that Americans have nothing to do during the summer months. Between all the press releases for games and contests we've received, it seems like every automaker on the planet has a slightly new way for you to while away the hours. The latest? Suzuki, whose AllPoints program is considerably larger than most of its competitors, with more booty to boot.
At first glance, the AllPoints contest seems a little confusing. For starters, there are four different sorts of prizes, each of which has its own criteria for winning:
1. The monthly AllPoints challenge rewards the player who's earned the highest number of points for the month. Points can be earned in many ways -- like following Suzuki on Twitter, or commenting on one of Suzuki's YouTube videos. Check the game rules for details.
2. Overall and weekly sweepstakes competitions reward players for taking part in a range of online activities. (Again, it's all tied into the point system.)
3. The "Live Large" video contest (which seems awfully similar to Kia's recently launched YouTube talent search) asks Suzuki fans to show how they "live large, drive small" in 60 seconds of video. Those videos will be uploaded to YouTube, where the public will vote to determine first-, second-, and third-place winners.
4. The Kizashi™ Ring of Fire online racing game rewards the player with the highest total game score at the end of the contest period.
The prizes are all over the map, too -- not that that's a bad thing. From new cars to all-expense-paid road trips and loads of gift cards, there's a little something for everyone, and a lot of something for a select few.
If your summer is busier than most, don't worry: the contest runs for a whopping five months, through January 3, 2011. That gives you plenty of time to read through the AllPoints microsite -- and, if you like, the press release below.
NB: Hawaii residents, you should probably jump to the next post. Sadly, you're not eligible.
* * * * *
SUZUKI ANNOUNCES “ALLPOINTS” REWARD POINTS & SWEEPSTAKES PROGRAM
- Nearly 250 prizes will be given away throughout the six month program, ranging from weekly gift cards to the grand prize of a new Kizashi.
- Program will include the Kizashi™ Ring of Fire online racing game as well as the “Live Large” Video Contest.
Residents of all U.S. states, except Hawaii, are eligible to win.
BREA, Calif. (July 30, 2010) – American Suzuki Motor Corp. (ASMC) today announced its national Suzuki AllPoints program, a reward points and sweepstakes program offering participants the opportunity to win prizes through activities on SuzukiAuto.com and Suzuki’s Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube channels. The program runs through Monday, January 3, 2011 and will give away nearly 250 prizes to registered participants including the sweepstakes grand prize, a 2011 Suzuki Kizashi GTS Sport. The promotion can be accessed via http://www.suzukiauto.com/allpoints/ and complete program rules can be found at www.suzukiauto.com/allpoints/rules/.
Two main features of the Suzuki AllPoints program are the user-generated “Live Large” Video Contest and the Kizashi™ Ring of Fire online racing game. The “Live Large” Video Contest launches Wednesday, August 25, 2010, and asks consumers to create and upload short videos showing how they “Live Large.” The top videos will be shared on the Suzuki website and YouTube Channel, with the top three videos being awarded prizes.
For the gamer, the Kizashi™ King of Fire racing game, produced on the Unity 3D platform, will launch Wednesday, September 1, 2010. Throughout each of the four stylized, futuristic race tracks, the hero vehicle races to gain points and move onto the next level. The registrant with the highest total score at the end of the AllPoints program will win a trip to an open-wheel racing school.
The grand prize for the overall sweepstakes program is a 2011 Suzuki Kizashi GTS Sport, with additional prizes, including a Sony 3D TV and a Garmin® GPS. Additionally, each week users who engage in an AllPoints activity will be entered into a weekly drawing, with ten $25 gift cards awarded each week.
Every month, the AllPoints user with the highest monthly point tally will win a $500 Apple gift card. In addition to the above prizes, AllPoints users can also win a trip to open-wheel racing school, a trip for two to any U.S. city, a $1,000 shopping spree or a Sony PlayStation® 3.
Registered Suzuki AllPoints users earn points and a sweepstakes entry for each program activity; entries are only given with actions for which points are earned. Each activity has a specified number of points associated with it. No purchase necessary, but participants must be a registered Suzuki AllPoints user to win prizes. A maximum of 250 points per day can be acquired toward the Monthly Points Prize. Residents of all U.S. states, except Hawaii, are eligible to win. For complete terms and conditions, please visit www.suzukiauto.com/allpoints/rules/.