Contest: Post Your Project Vid, Become An eBay Motors Master

August 14, 2009
2009 eBay Motors Master Contest page

2009 eBay Motors Master Contest page

Planning to trick out your vintage Mazda RX7 for a little off-roading adventure? Or maybe you're hoping to upgrade that $1000 beater into a Lexus-style luxury ride? Whether it's a weekend project or a year-long labor of love, grab the via camera, shoot some footage of yourself amongst the wrenches, and post it to eBay Motors by September 7 for a shot at the title of 2009 eBay Motors Master.

The idea, of course, is to turn in a video that shows off not only an awesome ride, but also some serious garage prowess -- and a little razzle-dazzle in the presentation wouldn't hurt, either. Among the prizes up for grabs are $2,500 in cash (deposited to the winner's PayPal account, naturally) and a free trip to the 2009 SEMA show. There are four categories of competition -- musclecars, tuners, off-roaders, and motorcycles -- and a full set of grand prizes will be awarded in each category.

Winning clips are chosen by a presumably distinguished panel of judges, whose opinion counts for 80% of each video's score. The remaining 20% is determined by viewers who rate clips. (Yes, just like YouTube.) In addition to the grand prizes, there are also weekly drawings for $1,000 eBay gift certificates.

According to the rules posted online, gearheads can post as many as one video entry a day -- which would require way more effort than most of us are willing to expend in summertime, but then, we're not everybody. The contest is open to U.S. residents and those of Canada, except for folks who live in Québec. We're not sure what the Québecois did to eBay Motors, but now would probably be a good time to start apologizing.

P.S. We had some trouble getting the site to work in Firefox, but it went off like a charm in Google Chrome. We tried to check it in Explorer, but as usual, IE crashed before we could get anywhere. 

[eBay Motors]

The Car Connection
See the winners »
The Car Connection
Commenting is closed for this article
Ratings and Reviews
Rate and review your car for The Car Connection
Review your car
The Car Connection Daily Headlines
I agree to receive emails from The Car Connection. I understand that I can unsubscribe at any time. Privacy Policy.
Thank you! Please check your email for confirmation.