- On the black list -- You know how when you go to the DMV, they have a list of naughty, no-no words for vanity plates? Well, Saudi Arabia has a similar list. At the top of it? "USA". Daaaaamn. [Autocar]
- Better than Walter Mercado-- Jay Leno is a multifaceted kind of guy--part entertainer, part philanthropist, part car nut, and apparently, part psychic. He's been talking about future collectibles lately, and among his best quotes: "The Hummer will be the ’59 Cadillac of 2025." Would Carnac the Magnificent disagree? [PopularMechanics via Carscoop]
- In memoriam-- Sad news for art car fans: the inimitable Tom Kennedy passed away yesterday in San Francisco at the age of 48. You can submit remembrances and see some of Tom's fantastic work--including his iconic "Ripper the Friendly Shark" car--at TomKennedyArt.com [SFGate]
- Madoff mishegas continues -- Apparently, the only thing worse than being Bernard Madoff is being his brother. A year ago, Bernie gave his brother, Peter, a 1964 Aston Martin DB2/4, and now the big, bad, bankruptcy lawyers are trying to take it from him, claiming that Bernie bought the car illegally--you know, with all that Ponzi dough. [NYTimes]
- Speaking of hump day -- On a very different, much happier note, here's a vaguely NSFW video of two booth professionals being unprofessional--or superlatively professional, depending on your point of view--on every available surface of an Alfa Romeo 8C Spider. We're guessing this was shot at the Moscow International Motor Show, but all we really know for sure is that these Russian hostesses make their Tokyo counterparts look like demure Sailor Moons by comparison. Yeesh. [Jalopnik]
Buy a car
from the safety of your home.