Supermodel Jenny Shimizu
The *Eleanor* solar racecar from MIT
It's a good thing weekends are only two days long, because honestly, it takes us twice as long to shovel snow when we're hammered. If we'd had another 24 hours to ourselves, this frostbite might've gotten serious.
- From hoods to hoodies -- The world is losing another greasemonkey to reality TV: Supermodel-turned-mechanic Jenny Shimizu--who was once romantically linked to Angelina Jolie and Madonna (not at the same time)--is heading back to the idiot box to co-host Bravo’s Make Me a Supermodel. ...Yeah, we have feeling she'll be back to the carburetors pretty soon. [Buzznet]
- Bright future -- Solar is becoming a popular add-on for cars--mostly for powering the a/c and smaller systems, taking strain of the powertrain. At MIT, though, some enterprising kids have built a fully powered solar vehicle that can maintain speeds of 55mph, and hit 90mph in a pinch--at least as long as the sun's shining. [Wired]
- Keep your head down -- We know it's a rough world out there: the recession is on, jobs are scarce, money is tight. But if you think you've got it bad, think about the repo guys and gals. They may not be the most beloved folks on the planet, but we never wanted to see 'em dead. [Detnews]
- GTA 4 DS -- Love Grand Theft Auto? Also love your Nintendo DS? Well you're in luck, because Rockstar Games is coming to the rescue with Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for your handheld. As you can tell from the trailer, it looks nothing like the console version, but if you're a DS fan, you're probably used to that. [Kotaku]
- Chin up! -- Saab, dude, GM's just not that into you. Sweden isn't feeling you either. Now, you've gone and filed for bankruptcy protection. Seriously: you can't seem to catch a break. You can, however, catch two badass freakin' wheels as you fly across a frozen lake. Good to see you aren't totally down in the dumps. [Autoblog]