- Got wood?: Students at North Carolina State University have built a wooden supercar that can hit 240 mph. And you know what it's called? The Splinter (pictured above). Schwing! [Autoexpress]
- Is there something you want to tell us?: Just days after announcing a merger with Chrysler, Fiat posted a jaw-dropping 70% slump in 4Q profits. And rumors are flying that the company is looking to hook up with Peugeot, too. Someone gets around.
- Pentastar in technicolor: First, Chrysler bet big on Fiat. Now, it's betting on Hollywood by underwriting Terminator Salvation, the first in the big-screen franchise to launch without Arnold Schwarzenegger. We're not sure which is riskier. [AutoNews sub required]
- Code green: Incoming Department of Transportation head Ray LaHood is vowing to meet an April 1 deadline to institute higher fuel economy standards. And he'll have plenty of support from Obama and his Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel. What's that blowin' in the wind?
- Vicarious Porsche-ing: Love Porsche? Planning a visit to Stuttgart? Then you can enjoy the brand spankin' new Porsche Museum, which opens January 31. Of course, if you live in some far-flung locale and need your adrenaline now, you can always check out this great video of folks riding shotgun in tests runs of the GT3. Note that the cam isn't pointed at the track, but at the drivers' elated faces. Just try not to smile along with them. [vid via Automotto]
January 22, 2009
The Car ConnectionSee the winners »
The Car Connection
People who read this also read
The Car Connection Daily Headlines