2006 SEMA Show by TCC Team (10/30/2006)
All our coverage from the Las Vegas aftermarket extravaganza.
The Chevy Silverado E85 Handyman is a versatile truck, delivering both comfort and capability to owners who use it as their rolling office or to transport loads of mulch on the weekend. Equipped with a StarGate Mobile dockable personal notebook computer with internet access, no information is far away. From ordering materials to finding that out-of-the-way restaurant, the Silverado E85 Handyman 4WD concept vehicle was designed as a dream truck for the real world of hard work. The bed has been modified to accommodate the Stealth Dump box mechanism, which has a tailgate that hinges from the bottom and top to accommodate easy dumping. The interior features durable, easy-to-clean materials such as breathable vinyl that looks and feels like leather. It’s a truck that can work hard all day and still look great for evening outings. It’s an efficient truck, too, powered by an E85-capable 5.3L V-8 with fuel-saving Active Fuel Management, allowing owners to “Live Green Go Yellow” while working hard.
- E-85-capable 5.3L V-8 with Active Fuel Management
- Locking front and rear differentials
- Stealth Dump hydraulic dump box with dual-hinged tailgate
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Chrome brush guard and assist steps
- Durable, cleanable interior materials
- Vinyl seating surfaces that look and feel like leather
- StarGate Mobile dockable personal notebook computer with internet access