2006 SEMA Show by TCC Team (10/30/2006)
All our coverage from the Las Vegas aftermarket extravaganza.
For a taste of
The Lucerne CXX Luxury Liner begins with a two-tone exterior finish with White Gold Flash tri-coat on the sides and Glacier Gold Flash over the top down to the beltline. The colors are divided by a 1/8-inch Gold Miststripe. The two-tone effect conveys a lower, sleeker look.
A ground effects kit consisting of add-on body pieces to the front and rear fascias and rocker panels brings the body closer to the pavement for a performance-oriented look. A small deck spoiler visually extends the length of the trunk. CXX badging tops off the package.
And speaking of the V-8, the Lucerne CXX’s existing Northstar powerplant gets a 20-percent power increase from revised ECU programming, and a Corsa exhaust with noise-cancellation technology provides a throaty sound but whisper-quiet cruising.
Because stance is everything in a performance ride, the Rick Bottom customizers reduced the tire-to-fender gap for an Autobahn-capable appearance, and reduced the ride height by 2.25 inches.
Inside, buttery soft
- Razzi front chin spoiler, rear bumper extension overlay and rocker panel covers
- Bronze window tint
- Weld EVO forged spoke 20-inch wheels, one-piece multi-spoke with chrome plating mated with Dunlop 245/40R20 low-profile, quiet tread tires
- Variable rate drop coils by Sprint
- Eclipse state-of-the-art hard drive-based navigation system, satellite radio, DVD, CD, two CD changers, HDD radio, rear-seat monitors, class D amplifiers, X-box plus iPod connection. Features three-way components up front, three-way in the rear, three 10-inch subwoofers for 3,000 watts of power
- Fourteen-inch vented and slotted brake rotors with aluminum calipers in black from Stainless Steel Brakes Corp.
- RBCM chrome accents throughout, including on speaker grilles, bezel around headunit
- Sound-deadening material by Hushmat
- Transmission upgrades by Bowler Performance Transmission
- Paints products from Glasurit
- Audio installation by SOUND DECISION
- Corsa exhaust
- Buick Accessories steering wheel and shift knob