Shopping for a new Lincoln MKT?
SEE LOCAL CLASSIFIEDS
Can you imagine a seven-seat crossover that makes you think "responsive?" There are a few—and maybe the least likely vehicle to fit that description is the 2011 Lincoln MKT.
A long, low, wide barge on first glance, the MKT has the good fortune of sharing its running gear with the Ford Flex, and to some extent, the Ford Taurus and Lincoln MKS. Tucked beneath its brash, chrome-laden sheetmetal and behind that immense grille are an independent suspension with available all-wheel drive, an optional turbocharged V-6 engine, and more than the usual touch of good driving feel.
The MKT also brings with its vast interior room and a classy,well-finished interior with nearly every entertainment feature either standard or available. On top of all that, it's among the safest vehicles you can buy,period.
The 2011 MKT returns with few changes from its first model year on the market. Priced from $47,000, it's a distinctive choice in a class of crossovers that also includes the Acura MDX, the Buick Enclave, the Audi Q7, and the Ford Flex.
- Gutsy sheetmetal
- Posturepedic-class front and middle-row seats
- Strong, smooth EcoBoost power
- Filled to the brim with technology
- Utopia at last: You can order a fridge (?)
- Grille of your dreams? Maybe not
- Adult-ready third-row seat still a smidge tight
- Front headrests still sit too far forward