Shopping for a new Jaguar XJ?
SEE LOCAL CLASSIFIEDS
Choose One of the Styles Below
|4dr Sedan||Gas V8, 5.0L||Rear Wheel Drive||$ 66,884||$ 72,700|
|XJL 4dr Sedan||Gas V8, 5.0L||Rear Wheel Drive||$ 73,324||$ 79,700|
|Supercharged 4dr Sedan||Supercharged Gas V8, 5.0L||Rear Wheel Drive||$ 80,684||$ 87,700|
|XJL Supercharged 4dr Sedan||Supercharged Gas V8, 5.0L||Rear Wheel Drive||$ 83,444||$ 90,700|
Scratch those ideas and notions you've been harboring about Jaguar as past its prime. It's only just coming into it. The XK? Fantastic on all fronts. The XF? A stunner, and a true challenger to the E-Class and 5-Series, at long last.
But what about the big, frumpy XJ? Ah, that's the best hook of the story. Jaguar's ditched the XJ's old hoop skirts and semi-Victorian garb for some ultra-chic evening wear, convincingly evoking swinging London and hipster L.A. more than anything you've ever seen wearing its initials.
Frankly, it's long overdue--the XJ felt completely modern when it switched to an aluminum body in 2004--but now it's at long last a stunning, sexy sedan true to the current Jaguar form. And with the sheen of performance layered on by a marvelous 5.0-liter V-8, it's at the very top of any luxury sedan shopper's must-drive list.
- Youthful, exuberant styling inside and out
- Rippling, muscular V-8 engines
- A high-tech playground for drivers and passengers
- Feels light-years lighter than other luxury four-doors
- D-pillar styling: do you have anything other than black?
- Back-seat space isn't as spacious as expected; neither's the trunk room
- Dash dances a fine line between glamour and glitz