Stock Market

Tesla Autopilot probe widens to include the SEC: Can Musk's secret plan fix this?
Tesla Autopilot probe widens to include the SEC: Can Musk's secret plan fix this?

Less than two weeks ago, we reported on a fatal crash in Florida involving a Tesla Model S sedan in self-driving, Autopilot mode. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration began its investigation of the collision on June 28, and yesterday, we learned that the National Transportation Safety...Read More»

Oil well (photo by John Hill)
Oil Traders Misread Tweet, Spike In Oil Prices Follows

Look before you leap, our grandmothers used to say. That calm, orderly, sage advice could've come in handy yesterday, when traders panicked about the price of oil after misreading a tweet. Yes, a tweet. The tweet in question came from the Israeli Defense Forces: Oct. 10 #YomKippur73: Israel Air...Read More»

Sergio Marchionne
Chrysler Going Public, IPO Documents To Be Filed This Week

Things have not gone exactly as planned for Sergio Marchionne. As the head of both Chrysler and Fiat, he's been planning for some time to merge the two companies. Fiat already owns a 58.5 percent stake in Chrysler, and Marchionne had hoped to buy the remaining 41.5 percent that's held by VEBA, a...Read More»

Elon Musk
Elon Musk Says New York Times Cost Tesla $100 Million

In an interview posted yesterday to Bloomberg, Elon Musk, the CEO of electric car company Tesla, reflects on the controversy surrounding a recent New York Times article about the Tesla Model S. When all the dust had settled, Musk claims that the Gray Lady cost Tesla hundreds of cancelled orders and...Read More»

2013 Ford Fusion
Ford Stock Price Falls: Is It The Apple Of Cars?

If you're the sort of person who enjoys similes, you could spend a lot of time comparing today's car companies to Apple. Like Apple, for example, General Motors came back from the brink of ruin to become a leader in the industry once more. Toyota followed the same path in the wake of 2010's...Read More»

The Car Connection Daily Headlines
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.
Thank you! Please check your email for confirmation.