If you collect celebrity memorabilia and you have a thing for vintage cars, please sit down, because this might be a little overwhelming: the 1964 Chrysler Imperial Convertible that Jon Hamm's character, Don Draper, drove in Mad Men is up for bid on eBay.
CHECK OUT: The Car Connection's Best Sedans To Buy 2015
It's being sold by Daniel Schmitt & Co., based in St. Louis, Missouri. Apart from the Hollywood provenance, the car has a number of things going for it:
1. It's a beauty. It's not just a convertible, it's a convertible tricked out in candy-apple red with white leather interior. If there's a snazzier combination for a car like the Imperial, we haven't seen it.
2. It's in pristine condition. Since it was part of a show set in the 1960s, it needed to appear new. And it does.
3. It's rare. Only 922 of these babies were built, and after 51 years, it's likely that many of them have met their demise.
4. It's eligible for warranty coverage. For an additional charge, the seller will arrange for a five-year/100,000-mile warranty -- and for anyone wondering, that's 100,000 miles in addition to the car's current 87,292 odometer reading.
5. It's a steal (allegedly). The listing doesn't contain all of the specs needed for pricing, but the seller puts the NADA Guide value above $68,000. However, it's listed with a buy-it-now price of $39,900.
The bad news? The listing is getting a good bit of traffic. And since the opening bid is set at nearly $38,000, anyone who's truly interested in the car is likely to suck it up and bid the full buy-it-now price.
Translation: if this ride is up your alley, you might want to get while the getting is good before it, like the show, motors off into the sunset.