A couple of weeks ago, we told you about Fiat's latest ad for the 500, parts of which were filmed along the coasts of Amalfi and Sorrento, Italy.
While we generally like the commercial, we like the accompanying contest even better: Fiat is giving fans a shot at an Italian vacation, where one lucky winner and his/her spouse/best friend/sainted mother can frolic on the same beaches that the 500 visited in the ad.
The rules are simple, once you get the hang of the contest:
- Start by visiting the main page for the "Your Fiat Boarding Pass" contest.
- Toward the bottom, you'll see a list of dates and the first word of a secret phrase. Today, for example, the word Fiat has posted is "calling".
- Click the word, and you'll be taken to another blog post, where another random word will be capitalized and hyperlinked. For example, today's second word is "coast".
- Repeat the process until you've found five successive words and reach the "Fiat Boarding Pass" entry page. Unscramble the words to create the secret phrase, then click the button at the bottom of the page to enter it. (You'll need to go through a quick registration the first time you do this.)
- Fiat will post new phrases each Monday and Thursday, through September 4.
- Presumably, the sweepstakes winner will be announced shortly thereafter and whisked away for a four-night stay on the Italian coast. (We can't say for sure, though, because we can't find the official contest rules and regulations.)
If you missed the new "Immigrants" ad, it's worth a look. It might even hold a few clues for some of the secret phrases.
If you win, please remember that we have a deep-seated fondness for limoncello. Good luck!