2013 Ford Escape
It's no secret that we're big fans of Ford's recently redesigned Escape crossover. Derived in part from the equally lovable Ford Focus, the new Escape offers great performance and premium looks in a compact package that's a good fit for city-dwellers, singles, and small families alike.
We're also fond of the completely redesigned 2013 Ford Fusion, which was the belle of the ball at January's Detroit Auto Show. Sleek and well-styled, with a face that many have compared to Aston Martins, the Fusion offers an impressive array of powertrains, including a plug-in hybrid that may earn better gasoline/electric fuel economy than the Chevrolet Volt.
So, we're pretty excited to hear that Ford is giving away one of each model in the new "Ford Escape Summer Getaway Sweepstakes". The only drawback is that the contest is limited to residents of just ten states -- well, that and the fact that the winners won't be selected until December, when "summer getaway" season is long gone.
Anyway, here are the sweepstakes' major details:
1. To enter, simply visit WhyFordNow.com, provide the necessary contact information, and click "submit".
2. To be eligible to win, you'll need to be at least 18 as of June 1.
3. You'll also need to be a legal resident of one of these states: Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tennessee, or Texas.
4. You're allowed one entry per household, so you or your spouse/roommate/significant other can sign up, but not both.
5. The entry period runs until midnight on December 1.
6. The two winners will be selected around December 15.
7. The first-place winner will be given the Ford Escape, and the second-place winner will receive the Fusion.
There's other, less pressing information in the contest's official rules and regulations, if you're feeling up to that this Monday morning. Good luck!