To recognize Social Media Day on June 30th, Hagerty Classic Car Insurance has named what it believes to be the top ten emerging online communities for classic car owners.
CEO McKeel Hagerty says social media is providing a new frontier for the classic car hobby, and "platforms like Facebook provide an endless selection of content choices." We agree with Hagerty, and have noticed that sites like the photo-sharing site Pinterest are gaining traction with the classic car community.
Hagerty highlighted the ten sites below:
- Bringatrailer.com - Looking for a vintage car? You go to BAT, because that's where you'll find the the most interesting rarities and bargains.
- YouTube.com/EastwoodCo - Eastwood's Restoration YouTube channel will teach you all you need to know if you are a do-it-yourself car enthusiast.
- Jay Leno's Garage - Every car guy or gal's dream, including everything from photos and videos to advice and recommendations.
- @SummitRacing - A must-follow on Twitter for any classic car racing fan. The Summit Racing team actively engages with its fans, offering advice, answering questions, and tweeting discounts.
- RM Auction's YouTube Channel - The best way to catch all the classic car footage you could want. From interviews and car profiles to anything else you want, this YouTube channel has you covered.
- Holley Performance's Facebook - A light-hearted yet informative Facebook page of a carburetor maker who interacts with their fans.
- Pinterest.com/CarlClassic - Hundreds of drool-worthy images of cars just waiting for you to dream about them.
- 53Deluxe - The online place to immerse yourself in hot rod culture.
- Muscle Car Dreaming Tumblr Blog - An image-heavy photo blog with all the muscle car photos a fanatic could want to drool over.
- "Classic Car Owners and Enthusiasts" LinkedIn Group - A place for car guys around the world to stop by and chat.
While these aren't the only places online for a car enthusiast to go, Hagerty certainly has a nice list that we can't find fault with. And at the end of the day, being a car enthusiast is all about community and hanging out with like-minded people.
Check out these online communities and let us know in the comments below if you feel Hagerty left something off the list. Also be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest automotive news and reviews.