Toyota is giving you the chance to win not one, but two 2012 Toyota Camrys this week. It's part of a promotion called "The Camry Effect", which involves a new ad campaign, the Shazam smartphone app, and Sunday's Super Bowl broadcast.
Sound confusing? That's because is. Let us break it down for you:
• The first commercial of "The Camry Effect" campaign is called "Connections", which just went live last night. We've embedded it below.
• If you have a smartphone, you can use the free Shazam app to tag the music in the commercial. Just hold the phone near your computer's speakers while the commercial is playing and tap the big "S" on the Shazam "Tagging" menu.
• Once Shazam has tagged it, the app will take you to a registration screen, where you'll enter your name, date of birth, email addy, and phone number. You can also provide the name of a friend to whom you'd like to give the second Camry -- though as the official rules point out, "Such Friend suggestion is non-binding and Entrant, if selected and confirmed as a winner, will have the opportunity to modify the name of the selected Friend prior to such Friend being notified as a potential winner." So there.
• Don't have a smartphone or don't feel like going to all that trouble? No biggie. Just visit Toyota.com/camryeffect to enter online.
• You can enter once per day between now and Saturday at midnight Eastern Time, and you can score two entries on Sunday before the contest ends at 10pm Eastern. If you're watching the Super Bowl, you can even use Shazam to enter when the "Connections" ad airs during halftime.
• On Sunday night, Toyota will select a winner at random, and after 10:30pm, the company will call that person on the phone number provided on the entry form. Toyota will try calling up to four times. If the winner doesn't answer by the fourth time, Toyota will start calling someone else.
And that's it, in a nutshell. For more details than you could possibly want, sift through the official rules here. But if you want to get the ball rolling, crack open Shazam and tag the tune in the ad below: