- 2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class models, built from July 2010 through February 2011
- 2011 Mercedes-Benz GL models, built from March 2010 through March 2011
- 2011 Mercedes-Benz ML models, built from January 2010 through March 2011
- 2011 Mercedes-Benz R-Class models, built from April 2010 through April 2011
- 2012 Mercedes-Benz S-Class models
On some vehicles, the diesel fuel filter may leak from the area near the heating element, resulting in a crash risk from diesel being spilled on the road surface. Additionally, there is a fire risk from spilled fuel in the presence of an ignition source.
In total, some 6,872 vehicles are affected by this recall. Mercedes Benz will contact owners via mail, and dealers will inspect and replace the diesel fuel filter as necessary when the recall begins next month.
Owners with questions or concerns can contact Mercedes-Benz USA at (800) 367-6372, or they may contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Vehicle Safety Hotline at (888) 327-4236 for the latest on the recall.