Calling all athletes. Acura wants to give you a Sport Wagon to make sure you can get to all those extreme sporting events you participate in. The competition is dubbed "Compete Like A Pro," and is being managed through Acura's Facebook fan page.
Acura says the goal of the Compete Like a Pro campaign is to engage action sports athletes to compete by utilizing their social networks. Steve Center, vice president of Acura's National Marketing Operations says, "The TSX Sport Wagon offers a smart solution to those with an active lifestyle."
The campaign kicks off today and is now live on Acura's Facebook fan page. To compete you must first register in the contest by going to Acura's fan page and clicking on the "Compete" tab. Once registered you choose a qualifying sport and tell everyone why you deserve to win a TSX Sport Wagon. Top votes will earn one contestant a brand-new 2011 TSX Sport Wagon.
The qualifying sports are:
- Climbing (rock and ice)
- Cycling (road racing, BMX racing, mountain biking, cyclocross, track cycling)
- Endurance / Adventure racing (triathlon, ultramarathon, adventure/orienteering)
- Paddleboarding (prone and stand-up)
- Skiing (alpine/downhill, speed, freestyle and cross-country)
- Snowboarding (alpine/downhill, half-pipe, free-ride, cross-country, boarder-cross)
- Surfing (skim, short & long boards, softboards and bodyboards)
- Water-skiing (slalom, wakeboarding, ski jumping)
- Whitewater Kayaking
The voting itself will start on March 13. That gives fans 54 days to register before the contest begins. So make sure to head over to Acura's fan page and click the compete tab before you forget.