2011 Mercedes-Benz A-Class E-Cell battery electric vehicle (Europe only)
Detailed information on each option is available on the "Thinking Green" section of Mercedes-Benz's website at http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/innovation/thinking_green/overview. The site includes information on Mercedes-Benz's BlueTEC clean diesel vehicles (E350 BlueTEC, ML350 BlueTEC, GL450 BlueTEC and R350 BlueTEC), hybrid vehicles (S400 HYBRID, ML450 HYBRID and hydrogen electric vehicles (B-Class F-Cell), flexible fuel options as well as tips for driving green.
Among the findings from the MBUSA/Harris Interactive survey:
- A vast majority of U.S. adults (71%) say they are not at all or only somewhat knowledgeable about the difference between various types of alternative fuel vehicles.
- One in four adults (25%) is not at all knowledgeable about the difference between various types of alternative fuel vehicles.
- More adults claim to be knowledgeable or very knowledgeable about the causes of the global financial crisis (34%), the difference between good and bad cholesterol (45%), and the amount of oil that has spilled into the Gulf of Mexico (46%) than about the difference among various types of alternative fuel vehicles (29%).
- Men are more likely than women to say they are knowledgeable or very knowledgeable (41% vs. 18%, respectively).
- More than half of adults (58%) have never considered purchasing an alternative fuel vehicle, while nearly two in five (39%) have. Only three percent already own one.
About the Survey
This survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of Mercedes-Benz USA from July 9-13, 2010 among 2,242 adults ages 18 and older. Results were weighted as needed to reflect the composition of the U.S. adult population. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated.