A few quick updates about the 2012 Ford Focus, which is set to be the centerpiece of another massive advertising blitz from Ford Motor Company:
1. That social media campaign for the Focus that we mentioned the other day -- the one called "Global Drive" that looks a lot like the Fiesta Movement, but takes place over just two days? It's still not live. Be patient.
2. If you want to star in a reality show and you're too short for America's Next Top Model and too well-adjusted for Survivor/Big Brother/Rock of Love, you should consider auditioning for the Focus Rally. It's an online series being planned by the masterminds behind the Amazing Race TV show, and as you might guess from the title, it's sponsored by Ford and features the 2012 Focus. Like Amazing Race, Focus Rally will feature teams of two competing in challenges as they rush from point A to point B. Filming begins in early February, and it launches on Hulu not long after, so submit your application soon at FocusRally.com or via the Focus Facebook page. (FYI, you'll have a better chance of getting cast if you've got a large social network. But surely you knew that.)
3. The aforementioned show's full name is actually Focus Rally: America, so Europe, Asia, Australia: we have a feeling it's heading your way soon.
4. In case you missed it, pricing for the 2010 Focus has been revealed. Ford fans, you will be pleased.
5. The Focus isn't the only Ford vehicle with a show of its own. An interactive series called ControlTV is being planned by actor (and Robot Chicken developer) Seth Green, and it'll star the Focus' little brother, the Ford Fiesta. From the descriptions we've seen, it sounds like a choose-your-own-adventure feature, with viewers determining Green's course of action at key points. No word on when or where it'll be broadcast, but production is slated for fall. Stay tuned.