TheCarConnection app for iPhone and iPad
Car junkies, news hounds, and eager-beaver shoppers: we've just made your lives a little easier. As of today, you can download the snazzy new app for High Gear Media's premiere news and research website, TheCarConnection.com. It's formatted for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and -- yes -- the iPad. Even better? It's 100% free.
Our crack team of highly skilled, caffeine-friendly coders have gone to great lengths to make the app not just easy to use, but also easy on the eyes. Open it up, and you'll find nearly everything that's available at TheCarConnection.com, including late-breaking news and thoughtful commentary, reviews you can use, and, of course, plenty of eye-candy in the way of photos and videos. Frankly, our favorite part is the loading page, with its high-end rides floating by in Ken Burns-style. But then, we're easily amused.
Best of all, in keeping with TheCarConnection's not-so-hidden agenda to make you the savviest car nut on the block, the app offers plenty of info from other sources. For example, under the "Videos" section, you'll find not only clips from High Gear Media, but also many from folks outside our little family -- folks just as passionate as we are about our rides. And as always, our vehicle reviews feature quotes from newspapers, magazines and other websites right alongside the opinions of our own team of experts.
Now that we've given you the tool, it's up to you to use it responsibly:
- DO use the TCC app to research the latest rides.
- DON'T use the TCC app at funerals. That's gross.
- DO use the TCC app to help pass the time when you're at the dentist's office.
- DON'T use the TCC app when you're in the middle of a root canal. Your hygienist will thank you.
- DO use the TCC app to find a car or truck that's right for you.
- DON'T use the TCC app while driving -- even if you have one of those ridiculous iPad docking stations. Oprah will hunt you down and knock a knot in your head. She knows where you live.