Screencap from the Jeep Tiki Hunt websiteEnlarge Photo
2010 Jeep Wrangler IslanderEnlarge Photo
A couple of weeks ago, we told you about Jeep's "Golden Tiki" hunt at the 2010 New York Auto Show, which ended with Joel Lounds of Bonita Springs, Florida pulling a golden tiki idol from a very large sandbox and driving off in a brand new 2010 Jeep Wrangler Islander. Now, Jeep has launched a nationwide version of that contest, hiding three tiki idols around the U.S. and leaving clues as to their whereabouts on a special website, the Jeep Facebook page, and on Jeep's Twitter stream.
The gist of the contest is pretty simple: the first people to "solve the clues" [sic] and locate the idols win 2010 Jeep Wrangler Islanders. Each of the three idols has a different name -- Jeep Tiki Steel, Jeep Tiki Wave, and Jeep Tiki Trail -- which may or may not imply anything about their location. All we know for certain is that each idol is stashed somewhere in the U.S.A. (making them American idols, we suppose), and each comes with its own set of five clues.
Just to get you started, here are the first round of hints for each of the three tikis:
- Jeep Tiki Steel: "People ride waves of a different kind in this area."
- Jeep Tiki Wave: "Your Jeep Wrangler Islander will take you anywhere, but skip this area if you are eremikophobic."
- Jeep Tiki Trail: "Snow or sun, the people and tiki love it here year round."
Not the most poetic or intriguing clues we've ever read, but we can overlook sloppy execution for a new ride any day. Hopefully, the quality and specificity of the hints will improve over time. Otherwise, the winners may be getting their 2010 Jeeps sometime in 2015.
Good luck to all -- and for those who love the fine print, here's Jeep's official press release.
* * * * *
No Foolin': Three Jeep® Tikis Hidden in U.S. for Next Phase of Unique Jeep Contest
Consumers who solve on-line clues and find Jeep Tikis to win all-new 2010 Jeep Wrangler Islander
- Jeep® Wrangler Islander Tiki Hunt national contest launched on Jeep.com, with supporting information available via Facebook and Twitter
- Consumers who solve the clues and find "Jeep Tiki Steel," "Jeep Tiki Wave" or "Jeep Tiki Trail" will win an all-new 2010 Jeep Wrangler Islander
- Jeep Wrangler Islander Tiki Hunt Begins today
- Joel Lounds, Bonita Springs, Florida wins first all-new 2010 Jeep Wrangler Islander at the 2010 New York International Auto Show as part of "Jeep Tweet-to-Win" contest
Attention all problem-solving, thrill-seeking, adventure-hunting, supers-sleuths: The Jeep® brand is offering three all-new 2010 Jeep Wrangler Islander vehicles as grand prizes in the next phase of its unique, innovative consumer contest launched on popular social media sites.
Jeep announced today the start of the national "Jeep Wrangler Islander Tiki Hunt" contest. Consumers may learn details by visiting JeepTikiHunt.com, or by following the Jeep Twitter (www.twitter.com/jeep) and visiting the Jeep Facebook page (www.facebook.com/jeep), where they will find clues about Jeep Tiki locations.
"Jeep has a special relationship with its community of loyal, engaging customers, so we have created a very different kind of contest to interact with them, while building significant buzz for our brand and vehicles," said Mike Manley, President and CEO - Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "The initial phase of the contest - the 'Jeep Tweet-to-Win' contest, noticeably increased traffic to Jeep.com and our social media sites. Traffic to our Twitter site alone increased well over 100 percent.