There are always two sides to everything, right? Well, the truth is there are many more than that! To keep our car reviews innovative and well-rounded, we are providing you with not just one, but two points of view on the same exact vehicle Her and His perspectives.
Her: Anne Fleming, Car Buying Advocate,women-drivers.com
His: Chuck Kerber, Writer, AutomobileJournal.com
Anne: MSRP:$19,290 as tested
Chuck: MSRP:Price as Tested: $19,290.00
- A new KIA acronym: Kick 'In (some) Attitude
- 2.0 Liter four cylinder engine, 156 horsepower
- 6,200 rpm and 144 pound-feet of torque
- 4 speed automatic transmission
- Front Wheel Drive
- A "smart" alternator that runs only when the battery needs charging
- Handling and responsiveness are quite good. Acceleration on straight-aways or flats was good. However, on hills performance was not as consistent.
- 2.0 Liter 16-Valve DOHC CVVT 4-Cylinder Engine,
- 156 Horsepower
- 4-Speed Automatic Transmission with Independent Front Suspension, Front Stabilizer Bar, and Torsion Beam Rear Suspension
- Rack and Pinion Steering
- 195/65R15 Tires
- Front and Rear Disc Brakes
- 0-60 times for the new Forte run in the seven second range. Handling is predictable, but not necessarily sporty. With a comfortable ride, the driver feels connected with the road. The short wheel base helps make parking manageable.
Anne: 25 mpg/City and 34 mpg/Highway
Chuck: 25 mpg/City and 34 mpg/Highway
- A tremendous value whether your purchasing the LX - around a $14K sticker price - or the EX, as tested
- The car has a 104.3-inch wheelbase like the Hyundai Elantra, and its wide stance of 61.3"in the front and 61.6" in the rear make this vehicle the widest in the sedan economy class
- The interior is as pristine as the outside. An upscale, clean dashboard with easy to read controls; love having most panel controls at my fingertips
- Leather seating is the perfect touch to these pre-winter days but, ouch, with just an ON or OFF button, seats got quite warm quickly and would have to turn OFF
- Seats were adjustable and comfortable. Back seat hold two adults comfortably, three in a crunch; center console and arm rests in rear. Two (2) Lower Anchors and Tethers to secure children and child seats
- Cavernous trunk holds lots of luggage and travel gear
- Another bothersome thing was the front doors; seemingly light, they would not 'catch' in place once open
- Kia Motors offers several exciting and affordable options for the Forte; Prices for the new Forte start around $14,390 and top out close to $20,530. The Forte is available in three models: LX, EX, and SX.
- Additional options include sport-tuned suspension, fog lights, power sunroof, and dual-body remote power mirrors with turn signal indicator. The interior of the new Kia Forte is uncomplicated yet relaxed.
- Easy-to-reach, well marked controls make up an attractive instrument cluster, back-lit with a red glow. The sedan seats four comfortably, with enough leg room for two adults in the rear. The seats provide ample support, especially the six-way adjustable driver seat with optional heated seats on the SX model.
- Plentiful trunk space measures 12.6 cubic feet.
Anne: Dual seat mounted air bags, full length side curtain airbags, four-wheel disc brakes, ABS, stability control.
Chuck: side-impact airbags for the front passengers, side curtain airbags, four wheel anti-lock disc brakes, active head restraints, and an electronic stability system.