• USAFANG67 avatar USAFANG67 Posted: 7/7/2011 11:16am PDT

    Many drivers(old and young)are not drivers at all but just know how to "steer" a car as appose to being able to "drive" a car. Now they want to issue them a license how to "steer" a "Flying Car"?! YIKES!!

  • etdweasel avatar etdweasel Posted: 7/8/2011 5:46am PDT

    No, Matt, to fly this thing you need an FAA "Sport Pilot" certificate ( see http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/sport_pilot/ ) which requires a medical exam, classroom instruction and at least 20 hours of actual in-air flight instruction before a certificate is issued. It's likely the owner will be required to be a better pilot than a driver.

    Of course, at $250K a pop, I think the likelihood of hundreds of Terrafugia Transitions raining down upon us is slim at best...

  • USAFANG67 avatar USAFANG67 Posted: 7/9/2011 1:04pm PDT

    Very happy to hear that! Many thanks etdweasel.